Supporting Community Groups
I am passionate about working with the marvelous community groups in our region. I am now the Patron of the Maitland Regional Art Gallery Members Committee, Rutherford Girl Guides, U3A Maitland, Maitland Branch of the Northern NSW Federation of Justices of the Peace, the Maitland and District Genealogical Society, Maitland District Cricket Umpires Association, Maitland Invitation Racing Pigeon Club, Maitland Repertory Theatre and Maitland High School P&C Association.
I would love to know more about your group and how I may be able to assist, please feel free to download a community group form here which can assist you in coordinating your information and developing your dialogue.
Please contact me so I can get to know you and find ways to help your group. You can email me on email@example.com or phone my office on 4933 1617 or just drop in to 34 Church St, Maitland.
If you haven't already, have a look at the Our Community Group website for resources and information for Not-for-Profits that may be useful.
Community Building Grants Program in NSW
Each year the NSW Government funds the Community Building Partnership which awards a range of grants to incorporated not-for-profit community organisations and local councils to fund the building and improvement of local community facilities. Applications for 2017 are now closed but more information about the program which may help with 2018 applications is available here:
Other NSW Government Grants
• communitybuilders.nsw has links to funding sources for community groups and projects from federal, state and local government as well as some philanthropic funds and companies.
• The ClubGRANTS scheme is funded by gaming machine revenue from New South Wales (NSW) clubs. Projects are supported and decided upon by local committees.
• The Department of Education and Training's Community Grants Programs include funding for groups involved in promoting community languages, education, Aboriginal community projects and programs assisting disadvantaged youth and people with disabilities.
• Multicultural NSW provides funding for projects and activities that promote community engagement, build community harmony and social cohesion and celebrate cultural diversity.
• The NSW Environmental Trust offers grants for projects which involve: rehabilitating or regenerating the environment or promoting environmental education and sustainability.
• ArtsNSW offers grants to cultural and community groups involved in artistic activities.
• NSW Heritage grants to help communities know, value and care for their heritage.